Friday, February 17, 2012

For Greg


Greg
    In the first time I thought about this project, the only person that came in my mind was Greg. He was the first one I met when I came here for the first time. He is a very gentle person. He makes everybody around him laugh .He has worked here for 7 years. He works with the money for ELC. He likes his work because he loves the student. I am really happy every day in the morning when I see him and ask him,’’ How are you?’’ He always says ‘’wonderful’’. That makes me feel my day will be wonderful. For that, I asked him to do my interview. He was very happy to do it with me. I asked him some question about his life and his career life. He was very generous with me to let me know a lot about his life. He has a very interesting life.
      Greg was 45 years old he was married and has 2 kids. When he was 20 years old, Greg went to the Navy for 15 years. He also had a lot of travel. When he was in the Navy he visited a lot of countries. He has lived in Norfolk for 22 years 15 years in Navy the other 7 years in ELC. When he was in the Navy, every weekend he was went to the White House .I think that’s very exciting.
       My man likes sports too. When he was in high school he played baseball .He liked it a lot. Now, he likes to play golf in his free time. He also likes football. His favorite team in baseball is the Rockies, I really like this activity.
     Greg doesn’t have something disappointing him in his life. He just says ‘’everybody sometime is sad, but not disappointed’’. Ten years ago he stayed in Maryland and lived in small town. When I hear that, I think God he came here. Honestly, I am very happy to do my interview with him because I was very curious to know about this happy, gentle, and kind person.
       I asked some of his friends to say something about him. Christina, who works with him in the same office, said ‘’the day is boring without him ‘’.   I also asked Anne, who also works in the ELC. She said ‘’ we always joke about Greg, make fun of him, and give him hard time, but actually he is very important person in the operation of the ELC. He answers all questions. He is very friendly, and he really likes to be around students. He does a good job. We can’t operate without him .I will be not much fun without him ‘’. For these things I did my first interview with him.
       I wish when I work in some place, I will be like him: very popular in my work and happy and make the people around me feel comfortable. Greg is a symbol for the people who work in ELC. Everybody there is very friendly and nice. For that, I choose this place to study: to be good in English and know good people like them.  



Naif Mohmmed

No comments:

Post a Comment