Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"Anne Geyer" by Alhanof Alhudibi


Anne Geyer is very friendly woman in the ELC. She is very nice and kind woman. When I came to the ELC for the first time, I talked with her, and she made me feel nothing is impossible. She has worked there for 22 years. That is very impressive. She likes to work with students.
Anne grew up in Ohio in the middle of the country. She went to Ohio state university, where she got her degree in nursing. wWhen I know that about that I was really shockedm, but I know now why she makes me relax when I talk to her.
     Anne Geyer worked as a Navy nurse for 2 years because the Navy paid for the university. She worked in the navy hospital in New York, so she had very big experience from a small town in Ohio to the Big Apple; New York. She enjoyed her life there. After that, she got married, and she lived in Seattle WA with her husband.
     After her husband graduated from his university bachelor’s degree, they thought that was a good time to take trip. Then they went to Europe and visited England, Italy, France, Germany, and Denmark.
     Anne had 3 children, so after that, she stopped working for 15 years to take care of her children. I think that is very generous of her to do that with her career for a very long time. She thought she should have kept working a little bit not every day , just one or two days in a week but she had full time job with her kids .
     After 15 years with her kids she thought it was good time to get back to work life. Because she didn’t work for a long time, she had to study again, so she studied in Old Dominion University. After that, she worked in the ELC. When she worked to the ELC she went to Japan and Korea.
     Anne really likes the life she has had. She likes her job, and this is the fun time. The responsibility of children is gone, and now she has good time with grandchildren. I think she is amazing grandmother. She has very exiting life.
     I am very happy to know these things about her. She is very nice woman to know and take with. I think if I have another chance to do interview with her I will do it again.
     I am really thankful for her to let me do this interview with her. I ask her a lot of questions about her life and her job. She was very helpful with me, so I felt comfortable in the interview.

Alhanof Alhudibi

No comments:

Post a Comment