Tuesday, November 15, 2011

If I won $5 million...

Today, we have a special post from Pierre, an Intermediate student here at the ELC.  He wrote this paragraph in his Intermediate Writing class with Jane.  Thanks for sharing your writing, Pierre!

If I won $5,000,000, I would buy an island and live there with my family.  I would have a big house at the top of the mountain, a farm in the grassland next to the river, and an animal reserve in the forest. 

In my house, I would like to have a swimming pool, a lot of bathrooms and bedrooms, and also a technological kitchen.  One of the living rooms, would have a big window to see the island and I would have a painting workshop in the top of a tower on my house.

Next, in the farm, I would have enough food production to eat without outside help.  In my animal reserve, there would be a lot of endangered animals and I would like to preserve them.

Ha, I almost forgot!  The beaches would be beautiful, and everything would be in perfect harmony with the nature.  This island would be called "Esperance."

Ashley's note: What would you do if you had $5 million?  Leave a comment below and tell us how you would spend your money!

3 comments:

  1. Great post, Pierre!
    With $5 million, I would...
    -pay off all of my bills, my brother's bills, and my parents' bills
    -put $1,000,000 into a trust fund for my future children to inherit
    -open a language, culture, and arts school for at-risk children in Hampton Roads... complete with a community garden
    -put a garden and/or solar energy system on the roof of my house
    -buy a solar powered electric scooter
    -fund a project for the city of Norfolk to make more bike lanes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura,
    I hope every body like my work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paragraph! Very interesting, if I have $5000000, I would buy a house for my family and one for myself. Then I will go travel around the world.

    ReplyDelete